DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Motorhome electric problem

Posted by greendoor-434095 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by airpo - 3 years ago

Motorhome and carvan taps are also often controled by a microswitch in the tap itself to turn on the pump, these often fail which is why two taps work and one doesn't.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Sorry to be negative but there is no way your questions could be answered on the internet.

The problems you describe should be able to be solved by anyone with reasonable knowledge of electrical circuits. (The fact that it is a motorhome should not make a difference) Usually the fuse to your sockets will control all sockets. As will the circuit for your taps.

Motorhome taps are usually controlled by the pump that senses a drop in pressure and so turns on the pump. If the tap is not working it is eaither blocked (unlikely) or the washer is stuck.

As for the socket turn off supply and check it's connections. I hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

There are a couple of other smaller motorhome places along the same stretch of the N12, one is within a couple of hundred metres of Bonjour Caravanning.  The problem is that Easter is early this year and everyone wants their MH fixed/serviced before then, ready for the new season.  We have the same issue even though our's has to go back to the UK for its annual warranty inspection every March, just at their busy period.  Do as suggested, book it in for when they can do it and cancel if you find an alternative.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by greendoor-434095 - 3 years ago

Agnes Brown

Sorry if ofended  you am   getting frustrated not being able to get work done  hope your van  rolls well too.

Rance   Great site and seems very helpful  thanks for that

Sorry no image available
Posted by toplecky - 3 years ago

H i PM me and I will try and help,  what make is the van and age

Regards Derek

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mrs Agnes Brown - 3 years ago

Sorry Greendoor if I did not answer correctly your question - just used to getting things done - and double bracing is a method that we use, so that we never waste more time than is necessary in getting away in ours...    May your wheels keep rolling again soon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

As ou have not told us whay system for the taps/make and age of motorhome etc, try reading this and see if it might help?
http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Whale-mixer-tap-not-working/27352/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Obvious but have you checked the fuses, either inline or at the fuse box?

Sorry no image available
Posted by greendoor-434095 - 3 years ago

That wasnt my question!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mrs Agnes Brown - 3 years ago

The waiting list is always long - book in and then if you get it fixed in the meantime cancel?