DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

My Pond

Posted by heart beat - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by heart beat - 4 years ago

Thank you you have been a big help to me I will not be worried about the water so much now

thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Discovery2 - 4 years ago

Full sun all the time can be a problem, but it may be that the pond is just equalising out and it will go clear soon. We have a pond just a litle bigger and that goes brown / muddy green in the summer but clears in the winter. We have a Big cloverleaf filterset that we clean out once a month,  but we also have about 200 goldfish and the pond is in full sun.

Good Luck

Sorry no image available

I forgot it is in the sun all the time

Sorry no image available

Hi  Thank you for the reply, the pond is apx 27 feet  by 12 feet and three foot deep with a shallow end for any frogs etc to be able to get out.  We had the pond dug last November and had to wait until March when the water table dropped to drain the last bit of water out and put a liner in the pond.  Our neighbour has a clear fresh water spring in his garden we used to fill the pond once the liner was in place, it took four days to fill.  We have a soal pump with fountain to add oxygen to the water, the pump is big enough for the pond.  Last week we added 24 baby goldfish until then there was no fish or frogs.  If it is something that is normal I will no get worried about it, I had a pond in the UK and never had brown water.

thanks  Valeria 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Discovery2 - 4 years ago

Hi what size is the Pond, are there fish in it, is it in full sun, if fish what filters are you running. Our pond always turns brown in the summer as we have fish and it is in full sun with no shade.