DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

nail gun.

Posted by Hi ho! - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hi ho! - 4 years ago

I have french company with TVA so I just show uk companies the tva no., they do shipping papers to show its exported and the kit arrives net of uk VAT. Technically I have to charge TVA if I sell the kit.

Like you stairs on Lapyere..

Sorry no image available
Posted by tryshard55 - 4 years ago

Hi again.

Makita should be good i have some Makita tool over 20 years old and i am a cabinet maker.

Do you have to pay vat this side? I thought the EU was all one market. I have been down under for 13 years so its all new to me.

Cheers Robert.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hi ho! - 4 years ago

Hi Robert and thanks for info.

I deciced to buy a first fix and second fix nailer,  gas cartidge both Makita, from Axminster. I have an account with them so don`t have to pay uk vat...which helps!

Sorry no image available
Posted by tryshard55 - 4 years ago

I think if you start by looking at the nails available for any particular gun first. You are right to be concerned about the nails bending in the oak. I have had many guns of different types and sometimes the cheaper ones seem to be just as good, but dont go to cheap! Axminster seem to sell some good stuff and should be able to advise. They dont use that much air so a small compressor is fine and you dont want to much pressure as its hard on the gun.

Hope that helps a bit.cheers Robert.