DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Need to get a gas combi boiler replaced - need a supplier/fitter

Posted by simon56 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by vichy-445734 - 3 years ago

WE HAVE JUST BEEN QOUTED 6500 EUROS TO SUPPLY AND FIT A COMBI BOILER, 

HOLES IN THE WALL

VENTS  (BECAUSE WE HAVE A GAS HOB )

THEY ARE ALSO CONTACTING GAS COMPANY TO DELIVER AND CONNECT GAS

V

Sorry no image available
Posted by simon56 - 3 years ago

Jim, can you advise the name of the company/person fitting your boiler for €2000 please? Thanks.
(& thanks for posting about the devis) 

Sorry no image available
Posted by JimH-405027 - 3 years ago

Bloody predictive text !!! Should be Maison secondaire.

Sorry no image available

Got my devis, just over 2000 euros supply and fit with free service next year. As this is Madison secondsire, we are unable to offset against tax. The boiler is made just outside Morlaix by a Bosch company.

Sorry no image available

The gas boiler required puts its exhaust up an internal chimney in the house. I have been told this is called an "OPEN FLUE" boiler, and that these are virtually impossible to buy now in the UK.

UK boilers tend to be "BALANCED FLUE" but are unsuitable unless mounted inside of an exterior wall with a horizontal flue.

So the boiler itself will need to be bought in France.

Sorry no image available

Nearly 3 years ago SAVELYS in Pontivy quoted €2800 to supply & fit a replacement gas combi-boiler running off town-gas for the house in Pontivy. The boiler exhaust goes up a chimney (i.e. it does NOT have a balanced flue).

This seemed like a ridiculous amount of money, given that you can buy a gas combi boiler for about £1000 in the UK, with fitting on top. So the old boiler has struggled on since then but now only does the central heating (with a balon for the hot water).

So, I would guess (3 years later) that SAVELYS will be quoting above €3000 now.

Thanks for everyones' advice & comments so far on this thread. I would be good to hear about some more real quotes anyone has received.

It may be that I buy a gas boiler in the UK & then get a qualified fitter to install it here. But I would want to speak to the fitter before I order the boiler so that there is no mistake in getting the wrong one.

I shall let you know how I get on, but ut may be a few months before much happens! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 3 years ago

Hi...Savelys and Cham seem to be very similar, just covering different regions. I would be interested to know the price if anyone has recently had a gas boiler replaced, or has current quotations. It's difficult to compare, or know what to expect, as gas isn't so common here and there appears to be very few registered installers...thanks for any input

Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 3 years ago

We also would recommend Savelys

Sorry no image available

Simon, I am in the same situation as you. I have got Savelys coming on Thursday to give me a quote( gas combi, chimney exhaust). I will post quote later.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikyMoo - 3 years ago

Hi I have a VAIllant comby one of the best as new €400. If intrested will be over 30th, nr ( LOUDEAC ) text if intrested  007954388743