DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New mattress recommendations

Posted by Ready Brek - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 18)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

For extra cost-IKEA do deliver and I love their beds.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 3 years ago

We bought ours from Literie Michel in Morlaix, they are manufactured in Brittany. I know Morlaix is too far but I think they have several shops throughout the region so there might be one near you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinkatonk - 3 years ago

Pulsat mainly sell electrical goods so best contact your local one to check if they sell mattresse as well like our local one.  Perhaps not all Pulsat shops sell them.

it doesn't cost much to rent a small van from your local supermarket to take the old one to the dechetterie and collect the new one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 3 years ago

Mattresses  IKEA are vacuum packed and much smaller than you think. They take 24 hours to return to full size when opened.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ready Brek - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your great responses, they're very helpful. I would need a company that delivers as a double mattress won't fit in even a large estate car.

We are near Loudeac Brodeuse.

I Just looked online and there is a Pulsat at Loudeac, thanks Tinkatonk.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Corsaire-975460 - 3 years ago

Hi, you need time to find out if a mattress is right for you. It's difficult to know after a 10 minute try in store. I would recommend IKEA because you can take the mattress back up to 3 months ( I think) after buying, get a in store refund then buy a different one for another trial. I tried out 3 before settling on the one I have now, it just right!!

By the way you can buy ones that have been returned in the Bargain section near the tills at Pace if you want at reduced prices. I don't think you can return them though if it isn't right.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 3 years ago

Where are you?

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinkatonk - 3 years ago

In December we bought a latex 7 comfort zone mattress from our local Pulsat shop....don't know if you have one in your area.....  made by Dunlopillo, model Lovez-vous and has a winter and summer side.

it cost 499 euros but absolutely worth it.  The only problem is it will make you lie-in as it is so comfortable.  Ours aches and pains have improved dramatically too.