DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Normal Costs for Installing Satellite and French TNT aerials ?? and Size of dish ?

Posted by rhys1 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

I would also recommend Barty

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

Yes I agree, contact Barty B, he will do you a good job at a fair price. Well established and a genuine guy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by teddyruxspin - 3 years ago

Barty b knows what hes doing and good prices

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Barty is as usual 100% correct. We have a 60cm dish here for last 10 years without any problems at all.   When in the motorhome the 60cm dish is O.K. right down south  to the med with only a couple of the higher channels going awol after about Clemant Ferrand. Still got most of the channels in Northern Italy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

I paid about €700 last week for practically the same job.

Sorry no image available
Posted by wizzywhiskas - 3 years ago

Listen to bartyb, you won't get any better advice.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Correctly installed a 60cm dish is plenty big enough for Astra2 reception in Brittany,

I trust that those prices are including the 2 FreeSat boxes as you requested and that the sparks is going to put an amplifier on the aerial, which will be essential where you are.

Sorry no image available
Posted by girolle - 3 years ago

You will be ok if the dish is sheltered by the chimney, but obviously depends on how your house is situated, your dish will point roughly in a south easterly direction. Otherwise high winds might blow it around a bit!

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 3 years ago

Thank you for this.

I certainly do not mind paying extra for the larger dish.  I know the satellites have concentrated their beams more on the UK. 

But does a larger dish  =  greater likelihood of probs in winter with high winds ?  Because of house sitn dish has to be attched to the chimney   ( possibly 200 yrs old ).  

Sorry no image available
Posted by girolle - 3 years ago

It does not sound too bad to me if it includes the cost of the dish, ariels and cables etc, especially the 2nd one. However, I would consider a bigger dish, at least 80cm and preferably a 1 metre dish. Freesat reception is a bit weak in Brittany on a small dish and is easily affected by bad weather, here or in the UK.

Good viewing