DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Oh where oh where shall we move to?

Posted by kateob - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Scarlett-397347 - 4 years ago

We live in Dinan & love it. After moving a few times around this area,  We think we have found the place where we will stay for a long time. Bus service & train station make it accessible to travel around.

Sorry no image available
Posted by attoo - 4 years ago

We ilve in central Brittainy in a small village and not too far from here is a lovely little town called Huelgoat it has all amenities plus a large lake, people that we know have bought properties for under a 60,000 euros around the lake which is only a short walk from the town ,hope this helps 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 4 years ago

As others have stated the cost of property gives you a lot of opportunities. However, the critcal decision is based around first geography - village or town, southern Brittany is warmer with more sun, hospitals, and transport (train/airport etc).

In the end it is a choice down to personal preference - yours! But at that level of budget you should be spoiled for choice. Be prepared to take your time it take a while to complete the deal in France. If you need to renovate get that done first.

Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Explorer-386899 - 4 years ago

On that budget you can look at Benodet, Fouesnant, Foret-Fouesnant all on the south Brittany coast. There are plenty of buses into Quimper. Another town that I really do love - and wished that I had seen it first - is near Pont Aven and Concarneau - it is called Navez.  It is a really beautiful place with many thatched-roofed houses. It is very charming and reminds me of a very old English village.

If you want to be on the north coast of Brittany, due to its proximity to the UK, there are many lovely places in Normandy;  I found Bayeux a really lovely place, busy, bustling and amenities in walking distance.  You might want to decide which area, as in North or South, that you want to be then work it from there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

~With a budget like yours the whole region is your oyster.  Just prioritise the issue of transport.  I live in 22 and the only bus stop I've seen had Roman graffiti on it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kenova - 4 years ago

With such a budget, you should have no trouble finding something, at all. What areas would you consider? The south of Brittany offers a lot of opportunities for mobility, Vannes for example, or Quimper, Lorient... We live near Carhaix, I think they developped a nice system of buses too, the houses are insanely cheap over here!