DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Oil Boiler

Posted by paulkell - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by paulkell - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your replies. We contacted a number of plumbers and first to respond was Steve Tipping who came straight out, spent a few hours getting to the bottom of the problem (which turned out to be a problem with the oil feed) and serviced it whilst he was there. Really great service from Steve - would highly recommend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Have you got enough oil in the tank. Ours needs at least 200 lit in the tank to work. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosieholt - 3 years ago

Bonjour  d'Angleterre,

You could try ringing  Emmanuel JOSSELIN    He lives at Redeven, St Caradec (near Mur de Bretagne ) Tel:02 96 26 38 07

He installed our oil central heating...excellent worker & speaks a bit of English.

I know you are North of Corlay but worth a call !

Sorry no image available
Posted by JABBY-386123 - 3 years ago

With our boiler, that problem was usually the failure of the small flotation tank attached to the side of the boiler. When this fails the pressure does not stay constant, and it needs replacing. Ours was only 30 euros to replace, as it was done without the need to drain the system. So it should not be a huge expense if you can find somebody to do it.

regards

John

Sorry no image available
Posted by hillhead - 3 years ago

My boiler in the UK does this sometimes. There is a flame sensor which detects the light from the flame. If that gets dirty or covered in condensation it will cause the boiler to trip.

Mine is held on with 2 philips screws with a black wire in between them. I just unscew it, clean the glass end on a cloth and put it back.

google "clean flame sensor" or similar

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twiglets-10060825 - 3 years ago

Probably needs a good service + gicleur (jet) &/or priming.