DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

oil boiler service

Posted by smudge1949 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 4 years ago

Get a service engineer who is local to you and services your neighbours' boilers. They do not need to speak English as they know what to do!

If you get a local engineer they will look after you as they do not have to travel lots of kilometers to service your boiler.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tsephaniah - 4 years ago

To answer your second question only. Well, Yes, actually, but I do not write because of prejudice; I write because of expensive personal experience. I offered my advice in the hope of steering the original poster away from the mistakes I have made.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 4 years ago

So are all ex-pats incompetant? You seem to be in the business of running ex-pats down.

Do you have any evidence to back up your apparent predujice?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tsephaniah - 4 years ago

Mr. Buj is english speaking and works as a service engineer for Combustibles de l'Ouest. But why specify that you want an english speaking engineer. What you need is an engineer who is competent to service your boiler and my experience is that if you put the language skills as a first priority you are likely to end up with an incompetent ex-pat. Most of the oil suppliers have engineers and most have enough english to accept your orders.

Sorry no image available
Posted by finnben1-565557 - 4 years ago

We are also looking for a service engineer for our oil boiler. We are in the 22 also (Plumieux).