DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange are their other ways to get the Internet

Posted by Dave Moore - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chalkmarks - 4 years ago

For those of us/you in W. and Central Côtes d'Armor there is good news in the pipeline. The Conseil Regional is funding fibre optic ultra fast broadband (FTTH) to the homes to those of us with poor or non-existant ADSL with priority on those of us out in the sticks. The funding is approved, the planning is starting now and they estimate connections will become active earlyish next year... well we shall doubtless see on that... the system will thus be independant from any one service provider and open to all of the main ones to use...

I often arrange connections for others, and have done for many many years.. I actively avoid Orange, because of the long queues, the usually higher bills and complications with customer service.. not that their service,  when available and functionning is not excellent... I have always used SFR and apart from one period of a few months (after they took over from Neuf, previously aol, and changed things around a bit) have had absolutely no problem despite being at the extreme limit of service and always found their customer service to be faultless, even if, as with all service providers you sometimes have to go through many motions to get issues resolved.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Moore - 4 years ago

WE HAVE WIFI!!!!!!

No landline yet but WE HAVE WIFI!!!!

Thanks for everyone's comments

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Moore - 4 years ago

Hi fruitbat

We don't get any joy with the previous owners!!!!!!

we have tried for the past 6 months!!!!

we know they had the internet and landline but don't know who with..... Orange don't have any record of them

cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitbat22 - 4 years ago

Hi Dave

Contact the previous owners , they had internet and phone ok

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

Apart from storms blowing the Neuf box. We have had no problems with SFR . Finger crossed. I do think it is the luck of the draw.  We had no problems with France telecom when they were wanadoo.  The only reason we changed was to get the contract that included free call, Internet, and line rental for 33 euro a month. Brought my bill down from between 60 and 70 a month. 

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

For satellite there are 2 systems that you will come across, Tooway (from Eutelsat) and SESbroadband (from Astra). Nordnet are a reseller of both systems and are part of Orange/FT.

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

For satellite there are 2 systems that you will come across, Tooway (from Eutelsat) and SESbroadband (from Astra). Nordnet are a reseller of both systems and are part of Orange/FT.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

One of many reasons to think twice before starting a business in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 4 years ago

I think, Dave, that most people's good experiences with Orange are based on a service that is already up and running - ie no work involved, no engineers involved - the line works without problems, so it is a good service. The problems with Orange begin when their is either a fault or a connection required and there are just far too many examples of incompetence. When we went to the shop to arrange connection ( the only way they will accept), we supplied all the information they wanted and agreed a date for an engineer for the following week. The day came and went, but nobody turned up. We went to a friend's house the next day to use his Internet and Orange had sent us an e-mail to cancel the visit. Without having a connection of our own, I have no idea how they imagined we would receive their message, especially as we needed to stay at home for the engineer's visit. Yes, it is easy for everyone to blame the system, but somebody needs to take ownership of the system and sort it out, rather than just laugh it off. It's OK for us retirees or holidaymakers to laugh it off, but it's a different situation when your business relies on good service and you can't get it.

Good Luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yachtman-403411 - 4 years ago

Hi and join the club - I am also seeking to install Satellite Internet and TV and never have anything to do with Orange , France Telecom or UK Telecom !!!   I would advise you to do the same and check out Anglo Info business section for satellite providers . Try TVBrittany .

Best satellite system seems to be twoway or Nordnet