DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange internet .....

Posted by c2oafc-383379 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 4 years ago

I have found that if I leap up and down waving my arms in front of it it does seem to speed up a bit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 4 years ago

Thanks ... Everybody ... DN can you please please turn off your livebox so we can have internet xx pretty please ... discount 10 euro per week for no internet ... PMSL xx

I will keep on at them.... DN fancy a petition for the mairie !! if it were me Me in post we woulod have fibre optic xx lol

Chris ... its frustrating xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 4 years ago

As we are on the same wire as you albeit 600m closer to the exchange we also are having problems, but still just maintaining a srvice. After the last big rain storm it stopped completely, and we lost the phone line as well.

It has got better since then but is only running at about a third of the speed it was before. Between us and the exchange there are a number of junction boxes which have defective leaking covers.

Our download speed is down often to 25kbs from the 250 which we get at normal operating.

So we can download but very very slowly and you could not play youtube for instance.

I fear any repair will be temporary until they replace the line between you, us and the village.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 4 years ago

I'm now on my 5th orange live box, had all the lines checked nothing wrong with them, last time 2 technician arrived and didn't even switch off their engine, it was still running after an hour and half, 3 liveboxes later they'd had enough, well it was their lunchtime, listening to their muttering was good as they thought I didn't understand. No I didn't let them leave until it was working. Is it good now, no it's very intermittent and they don't seem to last longer than a year. So I'm building up for another battle. Change company, I would but all the other companies run off their sites and so as an orange customer you supposedly get the technician first or so they tell me. Mmmmmm.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 4 years ago

Ours didn't!

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

Yes its usually a dodgy  line somewhere!  - or they could be working on the lines , but usually that means it comes back on in the eve!

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 4 years ago

We had a similar problem.  They changed the wire from the pole to the house and came out 3 times.  On the 4th visit from an expert they eventually found the fault about 2km away at a connection box.  This was fixed and the problem was solved, but keep at them.