DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

orange Internet

Posted by jackelliot - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

Orange provide all of the lines to alternative providers.  If the fault is outwith your property, it is the responsibility of Orange.  If the fault is within your property, it is your responsibility.  Changing providers I do not think will change this but will probably put you down the pecking order for getting repairs done.  Has the Orange technician checked the sub-station, as this is what happened with our connection.  Our fault was found over a kilometer away from the house and that was after Orange technicians had changed the wire into the house and the box.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Orange provide most of the lines to the alternative providers so it maybe the case of out of the frying pan etc! Free seem to get a good press.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bensto - 3 years ago

I spoke to orange last week to find out the notice period, I was told 10 days notice to terminate the contract.  (We have been with orange for over two years).

just out of interest, can anybody reccomend an alternative internet provider... I'm loosing my patience with orange... having lost the internet 9 times over the last 30 days, only to be told by the technician that 9 days out of 30 was nothing, some customers lose their internet connection 50 times a month! they are adament that there is nothing wrong with the line, and have offerd to send an engineer to look at the problem, at our expense of course.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lapin-436112 - 3 years ago

log in to the orange website and you can end it right there... the ending date depends on your runnig contract, so if you always pay lets say until the 20th then it will end the next 20th of that month.

I did mine just 2 weeks ago and it ended about 10 days after when the last invoice was made.

If you have a contract sans engagement then there are no fees to be paid :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

If you want to end your contract you need to give a months notice in writing sent "Accuse de Reception" (signed on receipt). The Orange Livebox can normally be returned to any shop at any time thereafter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

Does it not say in your contract?