DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange prepaid mobile problem - is it just me?

Posted by Farthing - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

With a dual sim phone you leave both sim cards in all the time. I have a dual sim smartphone with a Leclerc sim and a UK one that I can't even remember what is, never a problem, they both work in any country. When you make a call or send a text you can decide which sim to use. I also spend time in different countries so it suits me perfectly, but I don't think they do dual sim iphones.

With the voucher you bought in the Orange shop, it sounds a bit as if she could have sold you the wrong type of top-up. There may be various types - data only, calls and data, calls only etc. I had to try and sort this out for a friend who kept buying sfr top ups and never seemed to have any credit - turned out they kept selling him data only. Sfr have online chat and I got to the bottom of it that way but they flatly refused to refund any of the data credit or convert it into calls credit, despite the fact that he has a very basic phone that doesn't do internet so he can't possibly use any data.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Can't comment on whether the information you were given is right or wrong. But I would change to Lycamobile anyway! I have a Orange UK SIM and a Lycamobile French SIM in my phone and it works perfectly well (that said, I use about £2/€2 a year!!) Lycamobile do not take your credit if you don't use it within a certain time frame so this is ideal for me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

I have never had a mobile that I could change the sim without the phone being turned off. Basically because the sim is under the battery!