DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange Second Home Contract

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your help, problem resolved, my services are now indicating that my line is suspended and can be reactivated and my latest bill reflects this.

Sorry no image available

Thanks all, Buster and Bob you have the advice that I have been looking for the only problem is when I click on my services its telling me: Ligne résidence secondaire 0296566429 en service suspension en cours which suggest to me that the line is still in the process of being suspended, perhaps someone could advise.  Having said that your link Bob:  demander l'activation does get me to a page that indicates that I can re-activate so I am slightly confused as I am unable to reach that page from where you say. 

my services Line 0296566429 suspended second home
you asked activating your online 0296566429. 
Please confirm.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BobF-382820 - 3 years ago

Hi breadhead

everyone has assumed you have more than a simple phone line, if not and it is just a simple landline it is really simple to connect and disconnect on line, it usually takes 2 hours weekdays and up to 2 days if you make the request at weekends. 

If you have your bills on line just click the view my bill link on the last bill email, espace client, this will open your internet account, sign in if you need to, at the top of the page is contrat fixe and your phone number, click that. 

Next page left side is vos services, click that and in the middle of the next page is

Ligne résidence secondaire 0297xxxxxx suspendue demander l'activation click that and confirm on the next page. To suspend the line is just the same.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

I think one of you is talking about phone connection and the other about internet!

You can suspend & re install the phone from you espace client - it takes 48 hours!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Parssll - 3 years ago

Hello Breadhead

You have to contact Orange 2 weeks before you arrive in France.

Something to do with getting the Interent connection up to speed?

You are further forward than I am as I cannot understand the correct web site page on Orange

I use the english speaking telephone line to postpone and re-connect

Regards

Paul

Sorry no image available

Hi benjamin1, thank you for your input,  the second home contract allows for temporary disconnection whilst not in the country for up to six times per year so that second home owners aren't paying for a line they are not using, its not a total disconnection that requires the the things you speak of nor does it change the telephone number.

Sorry no image available
Posted by benjamin1-437865 - 3 years ago

Hi 

You need to give them 3 weeks notice for re-connection . They will send another box by post. If you are not back the box will be taken to your nearest post office and a card will be left informing you of this . The post office will keep the box for 2 or 3 days . You can also collect a box from any orange shop . You will be sent some new paperwork with codes etc and will be given a new telephone number which we found quite annoying -doesn' seem to be a way around that one .

Hope this helps