DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange Second Home Line and Internet.

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 4 years ago
0 0

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

As far as I am aware it's just the phone line second home package that can be suspended.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 4 years ago

Oh - you mean the internet cannot be suspended when you are not there,   only the phone line ??

Sorry no image available

It's not a package as such because my phone is known as Fixed Line second Home and cost's 24,00 euros per month, my internet is Discovery and is 21,00 euros per month, I have two separate contracts. The second home telephone line can be suspended so that no cost's are incurred.  I believe it is unlimited internet but unable to advise if it is fast enough to watch Tv or netflix.  

To date we have found the internet to be good and had no problems when on line.  Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 4 years ago

Grateful if you could advise what your €45 package  includes exactly,  eg is it unlimited  internet and at what speed  ?  ( Is it  fast enough to watch  TV online  / Netflix   using a VPN ? ) . 

Does the package  have a name ? 

Sorry no image available

Finally got to the bottom of this with Orange and now understand my package and how to use my account on line.  The thing that caused confusion is that I have two separate contracts, one for second home telephone line and another for the internet and livebox as opposed to a package.

My total package price per month is 45,55 euros with the ability to deactivate when not in use.  

Thank you for your responses.

Sorry no image available

I do have a landline and the phone isn't via the livebox.  I have just looked at my account and Orange are doing something because they have removed my phone line account and comment that its not available at the moment.  I contacted them by email to ask their advice.  In the meantime I am looking at my internet account and alternative offers through my account online and believe that I can make the change online, anyone got experience of this?

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

Just to say if your phone is via the internet 'box' I dont think you have a 'land line ' there for no 'fixed' line charge!

If you are going to be here for more than a few months it would be better not to have the service that you disconnect - you can have an internet phone & internet much cheeper! no landline charge!  -  as mentioned above, - if you have a good connection or a back up mobil phone!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bethol - 4 years ago

We pay 36.90 euros per month to Orange, which includes line rental; Livebox; Internet; UK, France and other "landline" calls, but not mobiles.  Landline calls are via the Livebox (VOIP) only.  (ie 443 euros pa for one contract with Orange for everything).

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

You can get much cheaper than this for  f ull time connection -we pay €32 per month for line box internet and calls in France Eu and places beyond.That makes €384 pa You appear to be paying €960 at least.Speak to the Orange help line and get it changed

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 4 years ago

Hi,

It seems very expensive to me - perhaps one of the other internet/phone suppliers would be cheaper, even if you can't suspend the servivce when you're not here?