DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Orange to Numericable?

Posted by Brianret - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 3 years ago

I found the same last weekend, normally around 10 or 11 Mbs, but sudden drop to 2Mbs for one day.  Back to normal since then.  Does anyone know if there is a monthly download limit, after which speed is reduced, as often happens with UK providers?

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Brianret

ADSL providers do not taunt their customers with signal strength reducations.  There could easily be a problem on your line or the contention ratio could have changed with a change in routing.  Either of these can affect speed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

SFR purchased Numericable in November 2014.  Unless I've got it wrong please feel free to google it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 3 years ago

I think it's the other way round - Numericable have taken over FR, but kept the SFR brand.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brianret - 3 years ago

I have been with orange for three years+ so I don't think that it is the line although there is a possibility that they have reduced the signal strength.

Benbow

Sorry no image available
Posted by LangeHaas - 3 years ago

There is a good chance the problem is caused by your phone line signal, so changing providers is probably not going to help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 3 years ago

I had the same problem with Orange. Initially I was getting up to 13 mbps and now I'm lucky if I get 3. Did your sudden drop coincide with the six-month anniversary of your opening the subscription by any chance?

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

Numericable it appears have been taken over by SFR.