DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Owners Direct

Posted by menagerie-389151 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

Problem is that they all seem to be going the same way by trying to push people into using the 'book now' for which a commission is taken and making it difficult for people to remain independent of them.  Despite trying numerous other companies over the years (which are considerable), OD are the only ones which produce results for us.

I was not happy to find that they are now going to be part of the Expedia Group because this will undoubtedly mean that things change again.  To still call themselves Owners Direct is a bit of a joke because everything has to be done through their dashboard and both parties do not have direct contact.  The only way to have direct contact is to go to the dashboard, find the email address for the enquiry and email them privately.  If, however, you do this and do not also send a reply through the dashboard OD think you have not replied and it affects your place in the ranking.

I have reluctantly renewed but their advertising fees are now starting to get very silly.

If you phone up to complain you now get through to a call centre which, judging by the accents, is in Asia somewhere.  At best you will get offered maybe some sort of free upgrade but they will not budge on prices or take on board genuine concerns.

They are now much too big and joining the Expedia group will mean that they virtually have the lion's share, pushing everyone else out.

I would love to say that I will not advertise with them again but it won't happen because I, like everyone else who advertises with them, need the bookings. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by winda1 - 3 years ago

I think all of you with a gripe to bear, and it seems from the many threads in the past on Owners Direct that their recently is,  should write to them and not renew with them.  Give another company a go.  If they lose your custom in mass numbers, they will have to reflect and change their ways.  You must all unite to win this one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

You are not alone many are finding the same even customers are becoming less than impressed. Why not tell this fellow who thinks he is the boss how lousy they are!

Holiday Rentals Mr Brian Sharples Chief Executive     Email bsharples@homeaway.com Telephone 020 8827 1998 Fax 020 3031 1021 Website http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/ Social Media     Postal Address 25th Floor, Portland House Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BH Company Number 03152676