DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

P.V.C Door fitting adjusting

Posted by jandave - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by RHS35 - 3 years ago

Darn it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats just not on is it :(

I feel or you as hubby has seen so many bodge jobs in his time. People ordering bespoke conservatories or replacement windows and doors and thinking they could erect them with help from friends and family what a pickle they got into.Hubby could do a huge conservatory one start to finish with beautiful stepped lead work fully glazed and cleaned inside and out and leave the site beautifully tidy in a week.Some of these people were struggling three months later and in the end admit defeat and get the company in to finish what they had started................quite often stripping it right back.

cant you contact Brittany PVC and see if they can help you out???

Sorry no image available
Posted by jandave - 3 years ago

RHS35 P.S. to last post I was informed that the person who was fitting it was compitant to do so. Not a DIY-er

Sorry no image available
Posted by jandave - 3 years ago

Hi RHS35, Thank you for your reply, Shame you are not close enough, your husband sounds just the sort of person I need. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a similar reply from someone close to hand.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RHS35 - 3 years ago

Cant you get the person whom fitted it to come and re-hang it as surely they are insured and covered for this kind of thing???

My husband is an ex fitter from uk and he will tell you it has to be done properly by professionals not a DIY-er there is a knack to it and he knows the tricks of the trade (30+ yrs experience)

Alas we are too far away to lend a hand :( 

Hope you get an offer locally to sort it out.