DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paint for newly lime plastered interior wall

Posted by buddy1-879411 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Natural lime or chalk based paints are the only ones you should use to gurantee breathability and long term curing and sealing of fissures. It is a chemical reaction which makes the lime plaster stronger and less likely to mark clothes etc. No point in sinking the ship...... by using incompatible products.

Many people do not see the benefits to their buildings and health. Well done for using lime plaster.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chaffinch2012 - 3 years ago

Do not know about French paint but Dulux super matt for wet plaster is brilliant I used on my wall and used strong tea to take the whiteness off as I need a off white and they only make in white. See if you know someone going back who can bring from Homebase or B &Q

Sorry no image available
Posted by problem - 3 years ago

There is also creativite in Rostrenen which sells Annie Sloan wall chalk paint which is fine for lime rendered walls 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pepe-803827 - 3 years ago

If you look at the classified adds at the top of the Classified Adds section on this site you will see an add for Autentico Chalk paints which will satisfy your needs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by skrd23 - 3 years ago

or you could use badigeon from ecosain Rennes

Sorry no image available
Posted by buddy1-879411 - 3 years ago

Thankyou. Have looked in Bricos for it but can't find. Do you know where they sell it please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by helicopterrob - 3 years ago

peinture à la chaux or blanchir à la chaux