DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paraffin heaters - problems - advice needed

Posted by firestarter-435430 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by c2oafc-383379 - 3 years ago

Every 100 hours I beleive you must run them non stop for, 2 hours and ours does a self clean if we do this  .... Keep the filters clean and also where you put the reservoir into can get dirty xxx compressed air on all air / fluid intakes and normally should be good ... all the best Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

Maybe we need to strip down again although there wasn't any coke on burners - will look at fuel lines so thanks for advice

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pepe-803827 - 3 years ago

I recently had similar problems and completely stripped the heater and cleaned everything, put it back together again and now it burns with a good blue flame. Apart from it being coked up round the burner there was nothing obviously wrong with it. I concentrated on the fuel lines but it is surprising how much dust etc collects inside. I guess it took about an hour. There is nothing complicated just needs patience.

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

No dust as we've already done that - one of them is showing code E2 which is just listed as starting problems in the manual

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

The electronic heaters are fitted with various sensors and should show a code on the display when there is a problem. If it shows CO then it is the carbon monoxide detector(yellow flame suggests this). Make sure all the vents are clear of dust and doghair etc, you can also take off the front and vacuum out any dust etc inside. Otherwise there is not much you can do except take them to somewhere like bricomarche and get them serviced. I have a Kanzai electronic heater and last year it kept cutting out. I had it serviced, it cost 70€ including parts and it is fine now.