DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

PAYG sim

Posted by drumshade - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Have a look at this if you don't use the phone a lot it's great http://mobile.free.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

I just use an orange PAYG sim , uk one , was 99p posted to e in France . I normally only text , and usuage costs around £10 every 8 months , but appreciate no good for children as they send more than 400 textx a month ? 

You need a UK contact address to register it though . I jjust top up with a free call to orange UK, and coverage in France is fairly good .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

And people have reported that getting Lycamobile to actually send them the SIM is difficult.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Lycamobile are good but you would lose the top up and phone number if you fail to use the phone at least once in 90 days (not hard to do?)

From Lycamobile(in English)

I have not used my Lycamobile for a while and it has now stopped working. Why is this?

We automatically deactivate SIM cards if you do not use them to make a call or send a text for more than 90 days. Unfortunately these SIM cards cannot be reconnected and the mobile number also stops being available for you to use after this time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Lycamobile you only pay for what you use

Sorry no image available
Posted by drumshade - 3 years ago

thanks for that i take it they take 1.50 a month  untill you run out or top up

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

If you mean the PAYG sim with the least hassle rather than the cheapest,I would say Leclerc which is Reglo mobile, Costs about €14 to start and €1.50 per month thereafter.

The network they use is SFR so check you can get that where you are - having said that I have had no problems with coverage.