DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

phone and internet down for weeks

Posted by paul & nadine - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Quite right John. Sometimes you have to escalate the issue to the top brass to get action - in the UK too. The inefficiencies of Orange feature with continued regularity. There seems to be a complacency in the company, that allows too many of its staff to treat customers as unimportant. This is an unhealthy attitude, which will not improve unless tackled by those at the top - hence the need to raise these problems at these levels (though probably not during August).

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

My oh my.  You are so lucky to get thing sorted so quickly from Orange.  My problem went on for 8 months.

I had 18 engineers who all did the same checks in my house and outside.  Replaced no end of cable. changed no end of connectors, don't ask me to name them.

A total of 8 registered mails, more telephone calls to the helpline than you can shake a stick at.  None of them, by their own addmission knew what the problem was.

In the end a French friend told me to write to the Mr Directore in Paris.  That got things moving.

To condense events.  In the end a young lady came on the line, an English speaker, and told me that because I had changed to a livebox my connection password had changed.  Orange had failed to change the circumstances or send me an ammended contract therefor, everyone was unaware of the change.

The delightful and very patient yount lady spent over an hour talking the numpty through a minefield of digits and numbers and fixt the problem.  At the end her reaction was YEEEEEESSS!

Orange are not a very efficient organisation.

My advice, bombard the Chief Executive.  They do not like to be hassled it TEES them off.  But, send everything re-commande.  That way you and they know it is recorded.  They don't like that, tuff!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by harleyal - 3 years ago

We were without phone and internet for about 8 weeks when our nieghbour who is a farmer brought the line down with his tractor. We eventually managed to get a free dongle for internet and a credit as compensation for our trouble as they kept telling us that it had been fixed when it had not. We had several appointments for some one to come and check the line and never turnerd up. When some one did he checked the line back to the repair and it turned out that we had not been reconnected and our nieghbours had. You have to keep on at them and some one will eventually listen. Even our Marie could'nt help us.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Paul & Nadine, if you were in the UK trying to sort out this problem say with BT what would you do? Has anyone asked to speak to a supervisor or manager? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

If you can find a working internet and put in the phone no. - of the phone thats not working - on orange assistance  itshould  say what the problem is!

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 3 years ago

They have asked (using someone else's phone) and have not been given an explanation.  Each week they are told that it will be fixed by the end of the week. It started in July.

I opened this discussion because there are usually some helpful replies. This time appears to be the exception.

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

Your reply applies equally to most enquiries on AI Emu, I think a lot of people are just reassured by the many different opinions that are posted by those who always like to appear to know better than others. :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

Why dont you ask Orange what the problem is and  when it will be fixed.  They are more likely to know the answers than anyone on here.  What have your several neighbours been told so far?

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Friend of mine had to wait 6 weeks - a lorry had crashed into the wooden post snapping it in two &  it took that long to find a new one!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Had issues with Orange - non appearance to fir a ligne fixe - appraently the problems they are experiencing are with the Exchange! Went on to say that they are having a lot of line stolen.

Maybe - but I suspect it is the August problem! Bon vacances!