DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Plumber Needed!

Posted by euros-391165 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

We have used the one in Mur de Bretagne, and thats not far from you. (less than it was to us)

They are in Yellow pages.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Cannot recommend one for your area but look here & good luck - http://brittany.angloinfo.com/af/404/brittany-plumbers-and-heating-engineers.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Oh sorry Barry, I forgot so say you have to screw the fitting together after applying the tape. Thanks for reminding me that you can never legislate for a numpty.

Sorry no image available
Posted by euros-391165 - 3 years ago

don't worry Barry, it isn't gas!! 

Only wanted details of a local plumber, oh well, if I cant find one tomorrow, will have to try a gain. Swear box is filling up. ????

cheers

euros

Sorry no image available
Posted by Barry Scott - 3 years ago

So, lets get this straight, AngloInfo is suggesting if you have a leaking gas pipe, wrap it with tape. Wow, that's just great! Perhaps you could check for the leak with a lighted match too?

Sorry no image available

Ha, forgetting my basic biology! That should say wrap it around the male thread. Doh!

Sorry no image available

You may struggle to get someone out  for such a small job?  is it gas or water?  If water and it's a metal male to female taper thread or if it's an olive try PTFE tape. Wrap it several times round the female thread or the olive .If it's gas you can use PTFE tape as well but  make sure  it's suitable for gas . There are two types and the gas one is in a yellow roll in UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by euros-391165 - 3 years ago

thanks noblesse for the tip. did you put another post on which has been taken down?

I think someone else (sammyboy?) put up someins as well which has been taken down!

Euros

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

For this and future plumbing/electrical/roofing etc problems, it's always a good idea to first ask a neighbour and if you don't have any, ask at the Mairie. 

If you get a Bulletin Municipale from your commune, it usually has a list of 'artisans' , but if you don't like to speak French on the phone it's a lot easier to speak French in person at your Mairie,  and they will then get to know you if you need to talk to them for something else.

Learning what to say when you have a problem is essential and it's so easy to find the phrases you need on the internet that none of us have an excuse for not doing so.

Just google 'I need a plumber (or whatever) in French'!