DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Possible scam.

Posted by lakeman-415065 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lerome-405515 - 3 years ago

If you have a phone with caller display (vital in this day and age) and an ability to save numbers in a phone book with names, do what I do. That is, when I receive a call from a number that is obvioulsy not a French local number or a number that, when answered is cealry a SPam call, just save that number with the name SPAM. The next time that number is used to call you it will dis[play the word SPAM so you can ignore it. I have many numbers like that and have to have SPAM, SPAM1, SPAM2 etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

We had the same scam phone calls....  Everyday, 2-3 times per day for about 3 weeks.   On the last call I played grunge music, quite loudly,  thru the phone....  calls stopped.

What ever you do, do NOT call the number.   We fell victim to a similar scam, called the 0899 number (not knowing any better) and it cost us €51...  OUCH!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

We also had the same call and given that we weren't expecting a delivery we ignored it. Erring on the side of caution we would never have returned the call. that's the way we have always operated, here or UK. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heavitree-431035 - 3 years ago

Do not call the phone number given !!!!

It will be a premium rate number which will cost you a lot of money . 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

We had one left on our answer phone on Friday, but as we're not expecting anything i ignored it. We also figured scam