DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Problem

Posted by alamo34 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by alamo34 - 3 years ago

It fast forwards for about 3secs the switches off.,same if rewind.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

What happens if you put the tape in and press fast foreword.?

Sorry no image available

Thanks but I use it to put videos onto DVDs .

Sorry no image available

It recognises the tape,plays for 2 seconds then switches off.There is no picture 

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

VCRs are now fetching more than DVD recorders.there is normally an end of tape sensor which works on tape tension and also a light activated sensor to detect a tape,if either of these have had it then its look for another one,does the machine react as if there is no tape or does it lace up around the heads and guides before switching off.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I would be very wary of using a professional repairer on grounds of cost, unless you have deep pockets, as the repair could be more than then the machine is worth. Of course if there is an enthusiast out there who likes that kind of thing as a challenge for pocket money, that might be different. Alternatively, you could always post an ad for a video machine, just for the cassette use and carry on with the DVD part as it is. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I would be very wary of using a professional repairer on grounds of cost, unless you have deep pockets, as the repair could be more than then the machine is worth. Of course if there is an enthusiast out there who likes that kind of thing as a challenge for pocket money, that might be different. Alternatively, you could always post an ad for a video machine, just for the cassette use and carry on with the DVD part as it is. 

Sorry no image available

Have replaced batteries,no plants about but thanks anyway

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

My Toshiba was all over the place recently and while I cannot guarantee  the efficacy of the steps I took it is now working perfectly.  I read somewhere tha these units can be affected by condensation so I removed a tray of regularly watered plants away from the  recorder and it returned to normal operation.  Recently it started playing up again but, after a few attempts at repair I replaced the batteries in the remote and hey presto!

Hope this helps.