DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

problem with gas hob

Posted by bossbird - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

Thankyou everyone who has tried to help us with this problem. We have now solved it by removing the gas hob and fitting in an electric one ! When we were re-wired earlier this year we were fortuitus to have installed an electric heavy duty hob point put in. This we are now using with the electric hob that we already had that wasnt being used. We feel altogether happier with electric. Happy New Year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pacco - 3 years ago

Are you sure the other bottle has gas.   Your system is just like ours bottle outside and a switch inside the cupboard in the house. Have asked hubby he said either go to your local Mairie and ask for a local plumber or search yellow pages.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patrickbzh - 3 years ago

Don't know anyone in that neck of the woods I'm afraid. Plombiers/chauffagistes are generally competent with gas, pagesjaunes.com should give you a few in your area.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Sorry no image available

Patrickbzh, Sadly the changing over of gas bottle did not work. We will need to try and find some one to come out and look it over. We are in Silfiac 56480, do you know anyone please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLJ-429896 - 3 years ago

LPG sinks in air so if you can smell it in cupboards under your hob you have a leak. You need an engineer to conduct a soundness test (test for leaks)and sort this problem out. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by convent girl-439588 - 3 years ago

Hi. We too always smell gas when the bottle is nearly empty, the first time it happened I was worried as well. Try changing the bottle, I bet that's what it is.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Pacco, We have a twin bottle arrangement so have just swapped over bottles and turned the supply back on and will see if that solves the problem. Watch this space. Happt New Year to you both who have replied with your help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pacco - 3 years ago

Hi, we have a gas hob with a bottle living outside. The only time we get a smell of gas is when the bottle is nearly empty.

Try a new bottle

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patrickbzh - 3 years ago

Whereabouts are you?

Sorry no image available

Thankyou Patrickbzh, Our gas bottle is outside, we have not changed it recently, and we have now disconnected it from the outside. Do you know any proffesional we could contact? I have looked on AI and in CBJ with no luck. I dont mind a French person but not sure how to find one. Any ideas? Thanks for help.