DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Query about LeClerc iPhone purchase

Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Thanks seashore and george. Unused credit, isnt that payg only though?

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Forfait Bloque has nothing to do with your phone being locked to a specific network.  You can buy a sim only Forfait Bloque which you can use in any unlocked phone.

Each month you get a set amount of usage on the phone and to exceed that you must purchase a further amount exactly as seashore states. 

As well as not being able to run up large and unexpected bills you can transfer unused credit from one month to another and also use your credit abroad.  There is a limit on the number of times you can transfer.

This sort of contract does not exist in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by seashore-10052757 - 3 years ago

I use a Forfait bloqués. It suits me fine as it is impossible to run up big bills, you have you allocations per month and have to buy in credits if you run out. I think they are probably designed for teenagers. My phone works all over Europe and can roam like any other contract phone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I don't use a French mobile, but I believe it's the same as locked or unlocked, so I think a forfait bloqué means the 'phone is locked into a specific network. I imagine the deal being offered with a 100€ refund is to entice you to sign up to a monthly contract, which could be a little pricey, but then that might make the latest 'phones a bit more affordable than buying an unlocked one outright and choosing your own network.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Thanks.

What is/isn't blocked?

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Forfait means package (as in "the deal", not a parcel) whereas 'forfaits bloqués means blocked package.