DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Recommendation for which cordless Vac with attachments to buy.

Posted by Werner-402730 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

I have had my cordless Dyson for two years and ovr that time have gradually stopped using the  cabled vacuum because it is just so much easier.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

I share the reluctance to buy one because of the limited life and cost of replacement batteries. How many of us have a shed full of cordless drills because it is cheaper to buy a new drill rather than replace the batteries. I may be wrong but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a cordless vacuum for a couple of years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Any that is 'MALE' friendly!!!!! hee hee...............

Sorry no image available
Posted by yorkshirepudding-396727 - 4 years ago

Hi, I just bought 10 days ago a, Bosch Athlet with a lithium battery. So far I am impressed with the performance, lightweight, quick charging, 2 speeds,and a 3rd with turbo, wooden floors to carpets no problem.

Hope that helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 4 years ago

I'd used a handheld Dyson and been impressed but thought that they were too expensive for my needs so I have a DirtDevil Handy Duo which is great. The pack includes a selection of tools and a 12v lead that allows you to use it 'plugged in' when cleaning the car. It's only drawback is that wood ash clogs the filter immediately but that is cleaned in seconds.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

Before you spend your cash check out price and availability of a replacement battery.  They don't last anywhere near as long as a decent mains motor.  With small power tools for instance the batteries cost more than the tool to replace.  A rechargeable big enough for a full size vacuum will cost the earth.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chef du gare - 4 years ago

We have bought a cordless Dyson and though I thought £300 quid for a battery vacuum  was a rip off, I was very pleasantly surprised at the performance. It is nothing like the so called 12v car vacs- this one works! you can get about 20 minute fulltime work on one charge, and that is a lot of cleaning- according to the memsahib.

5minutes to clean the inside of the car and no extension leads to wind up and put away, saves time all the time, a good investment.

CdG

Sorry no image available
Posted by ThunderRoad - 4 years ago

We got a Dyson DC45 in February from imenager France. It's lightweight but powerful, really easy to manoeuvre, crevice tool, detail brush and angled brush  comes with wall mounted dock and the charger switches off when battery full. There's enough life in each charge to complete a 2 bed house, mainly parquet and tiles with just a couple of rugs - not sure how far it would go with lots of carpeted area. We do have long haired dogs and find the motorised brush does have to be unclogged every other cleaning session, but only a two minute job. Hope this helps.