DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Renting v buying.

Posted by sabc15-427548 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davey1200-433468 - 3 years ago

Sabc15

£79 wow, all the rest is probably paid bu the UK taxpayers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Harry Dresden is correct.  We are landlords and are only allowed to put the rent up each year by the percentage in inflation.  There is a site "Insee" which tells you the percentage

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

The norm is that the rent goes o or down in realtion to the inflation index?

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

One downside of renting s that the rent will incresae every year, there is a formula which is uded.  We rented a property and it incresed considerably each year.  At the end we were paying quite a bit more and we were only there 2 years whilst we built our own house!

Then after we moved out it was rented out again for what we had been paying when we commenced renting it!

It was done through an immoblier and all was quite above board -  it was just the way it is done.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

26? Blimey, I think that's one code that needs dropping, but then I suppose it's fair if they are going to look after me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

to anyone not aware, kervéor is right, if they have the means, anyone in direct succession (children, grandchildren etc) can be asked to contribute to a parent in need..... it's called an obligation alimentaire, art 205 of the civil code, and is the napoleonic equivalent of parents having to look after their children till the age of 26.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spicy Munchkin - 3 years ago

Hi, This house you refer to is the one I just moved out of LOL!!  We needed a garden and a bit more space inside as it was very small downstairs, but very lovely for the price.  We have rented a beautiful house now with a huge garden for only a bit more a month, we are happy until we save for our own house :)  

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I thought that would be the case as more and more French buyers are looking for property with a ground floor bedroom.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

geegee. ,my friends parents are n their late 70's and their daughter (my close friend ) was told that if one or both of her parents went into sheltered accommodation once the money from their house sale was used up ,she would be asked to contribute / pay for the care home .This also happened to my neighbours when their uncle (unmarried) went into care and as he jointly owned the house with their parents ,they inherited and then had to pay for the homecare out of the inheritance 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Sorry geegee I can't answer that as I am only speaking from what experience .