DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Replacement glass for wood-burner

Posted by genista-469655 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by monkeyhanger - 3 years ago

Le Forestiere opposite Intermarche in Pontivy have a glass cutting department, i have used them and found them better then Bricomarche who told me to come back in a week, which i did, it wasn't ready, i was then told maybe tomorrow? Went to Le Forestiere who did it while i waited.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

You can claim for replacement glass for woodburners on most household insurances.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Grossac - 3 years ago

Leroy Merlin do it too   I have found it useful to take the old glass as a template and on one occasion I took the door because my piece of glass is an unusual shape   This being so one Leroy MErlin in St Gregoire refused to do it because it was too difficult, but they did the job in St Brieuc 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Alternativbely, if you know the make of the woodburner you can buy the OEM piece online - just done this with a Stovax.

Bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by genista-469655 - 3 years ago

Thank you. I will pop along to Bricomarche in Pontivy and ask. Gratefful for your time.  cb

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Pretty sure Bricomarche do it, what you need is ceramic glass it's fireproof, make sure your measurements are acurate because it's very expensive and you need it to be right first time. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

Try Bricomarche - we obtained heatproof glass there for our oven door so you should be able to get it there.