DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sale of Furniture

Posted by dogged - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by badgercountryboy - 3 years ago

hi where are you i may be interested

Sorry no image available
Posted by dogged - 3 years ago

Thanks.  I have the space, it really is the time factor, there is so much to do in 6 days!! However, I'm going to consider the option; leaning to the Depot Vente at the moment. Emmaus had heaps and heaps of stuff before I left; what I have I was due to take for myslef, so is better quality. All going in the melting pot though! Thanks. Pat

Sorry no image available

Now that's a good idea! Trouble is I only have 1 week from arrival to get pics and organise it. But worth a thought. Thanks for the reply. Pat

Sorry no image available

Hi,  A french friend did the Le Bon Coin route for me when I had to leave France unexpectedly ( partner died). She had no success. I tried again with same prices and pics and got more response. I really haven't time to do it again, yet the furniture is worth more than I'm pricing it at. Sadle for me, our removal company, advertised on this site, sent vehicles too small for the job, even though they quoted by Sq. M.  Consequently, some pieces were left behind and for another van it's too expensive. I have been trying. I'm leaning to the Depot Vente route now and leaving it. Thanks. Pat

Sorry no image available

Thanks, I didn't know they did that! Pat

Sorry no image available

Thank you. Yes, there is a Depot Vente in Qyimperle who have seen the photos and asked to see the furniture. It means hiring a van to get it there. i'm coming round to thinking it's going to be the best way.

Sorry no image available

Thnls for th. Never heard of that, so will have a look. Merci! Pat

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

You could try a yard/garage type sale if space permits at your home, maybe spread over a couple of days. List all the articles and post on here (photos help), plus print off a few flyers and distribute in your local shops, supermarkets etc. I would wait until you are here before giving your actual address, but the general area will help people.

Anything left unsold could either be given away or send to Depot Vente or Troc. Failing this you could always donate to local charities, Emmaus collect which could save a lot of hassle on your part with such a small timescale.

Good Luck :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

Advertise on AI as a "vide maison" (empty house) and list the items for sale and a date & time of open house. Put photos up as well if you've got them. 

You could also advertise on Leboncoin and Ebay.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

A Depot de vent will take a huge commission. If the price is right things will sell - people will only pay what THEY THINK its worth. I have sold loads and loads of furniture and other stuff on le bon coin, have a look at similar products if possible to get a realistic price guide.