DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Samsung freesat hd PVR problem

Posted by overworked-443863 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I have a Humax recorder and when you view the library of recordings, it shows the length of recording in minutes against each item - does yours do the same ?  If so this would tell you whether there is any recorded material on the hard disc, or if you only have the titles. If the latter, it might explain why you still have 97% of disc space remaining, though how the recordings went missing is still a mystery. Have you tried doing a new test recording since the problem began ? If so, does that recording play back, or not ? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by overworked-443863 - 3 years ago

Hi, yes, that's all i need, to be able to retrieve what it is showing is in the labrary and to be able to watch labrary, i have tried switrching off from mains, unplugging and re-botting and no change. I have also deleted some of the labrary, strange how it shows 97% free space when it is nearly full!

Have ordered a new one as thisone has been fine for th e4 yrears we've had it so perhaps just had it's life!

Sorry no image available

Nope, didn't work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by andybriggs2000-382491 - 3 years ago

I had a similar problem once - I just turned off the power switch at the back and then back on again after a few seconds - when it rebooted it worked fine.

Sorry no image available

Thjank you, i will try,

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Does the box actually show the list of recordings (on screen) ?

Whilst Samsung might not have been very helpful, your transaction was with Amazon, so if you need to seek redress for a faulty item (repair, replace or refund), then it would need to be with Amazon. However, I imagine you are really seeking technical help from Samsung to recover your recordings.

I assume the box has been working perfectly well until this sudden fault.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hillhead - 3 years ago

When our sony box did the same unplugging it from the mains and re booting solved the problem.