DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sand near josselin

Posted by DrNana - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rooben - 3 years ago

Thank you for your replies - I'm glad I was able to stimulate the grey cells. Maths in the real world - love it. Let's hope the sun keeps shining.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

Hi DN,   you are not getting senile, our volumes differ by less than a teaspooon full (known here as a coffee-spoon full).   When I bought a lorry load the tare gave 1.4 tonnes/m3.  Our builders yard will let you have two half-buckets in separate loads to save overloading a trailer... but that may be of no comfort to DrNana,  just know that lorries are usually too big to navigate to the exact spot in the garden!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stogang - 3 years ago

Hi

0.4713  m3

Therefore half  a cube

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 3 years ago

My back aching from gardening I thought I would try and make my mind work, the result I got to your query was,

474,4544 kilos

or just under half a tonne.

Working shown below.

That would be assuming your pool is going to sit exactly on the sand with no margin.

Pi R squared. gives you the area.

22/7 x (5x5)=78,57143 sq feet;

To get the volume multiply by the depth 2 inches is 1/6 of a foot

therefore the volume is 13.09 cu feet  which is equivalent to  0.370667 cubic meters.

Sand weighs about 1.28 Tonnes per cubic meter

Therefore multiplying the volume by 1.28 I got the above result.

Leroy Merlin are currently offering a Cu Meter of sand, enough for a 4inch bed for 49,90. (on promo)

Delivery cost depends on distance for Leroy.

I think my Maths is right, but senility is setting in so it might not be.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

Hi,  ages since I was at school, but if it's circular, about 75 sq.ft. at 0.093 sq/ft  per metre squared would be 7.3 sq m, which doesn't sound much, and depth 2", or 5.08 cm gives just about the trailer-full you can't transport, and regarding the price, you will find loose sand at a place like Quéginer or Bretagne materiaux much cheaper than Big-bags  (up to 90e plus delivery), but in the long term you may prefer a single clean amount rather than stuff outside the front door, unless you have other projects.... take a drawing/plan of your project and smile at your builders merchant!