DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Satelite TV

Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - 3 years ago

Thank you BartyB for all of your help - friend called me back this evening and says she has it 'sorted' - you were confused, I was confused and I think she was confused - anyway its all solved now - but thank you for taking the time to try to solve the problem - I will pass on your details if I come across anyone who needs help - if you like?

Pamela 

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

I'm a bit cofused by the info you've come back with.

I'll assume that we are talking french TV from an aerial and English TV from the digibox.

The tuning on the TV has nothing whatever to do with reception from the digibox.

If there is an aerial lead with a push fit plug, this should be connected to the TV and then you can try tuning the french channels, if that doesn't work then there's something awry with the cabling, or the aerial. (If there's no TV aerial connected the TV may want to go through this procedure before you go any further)

For the digibox (whether it be French, english or anything else) the cable from the dish should have a screw on connector which goes on the "LNB in". The digibox connects by scart lead (or HDMI lead) to the TV, have a look and see what the socket on that you have connected to on the TV is marked. With that connected and the digibox switched on, look for a button on the TV remote marked "source", "input", "TV/AV" or with an icon of an arrow going into a square. Press this button and you should get a pop-up menu with a list of options like "TV" "DTV", "AV1", "HDMI 1" , "scart" scroll down to the input to which the digibox is connected and pick that and hopefully off you go, hopefully.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - 3 years ago

What is the message that you're seeing on the screen? "no signal being received" or "no satellite signal being received"?

if you press the menu button on the satellite receiver do you see the menu on the TV?

Was the satellite system working with your old TV?

Posted on: 19/09/2015 at 20:58 Reply...     bartyb Report abuse     Thanks for your help Bartyb  - I am doing this for a friend who is not on the Net.....    Her 'old' old  TV did work before but programmes came in and out fading - she got a new TV - we click on TV remote  'Menu' and go to set up/tuning etc. Connected by lead to her 'dish' which she tells me is the French Aerial. She has a digi box and the aerial lead is connected to the 'Lan In' - digi box connected by scarth to TV. She said that on the old TV she operated through a video recorder - (scarth lead connected between digi box and recorder) tried every combo available on 'Menu' for set up and re-tuning,  but continually get 'No Channels found'. I think her aerial is kaput or the cable is damaged - dish and cable look OK from the outside and cable in the room looks OK - maybe damaged (mice??) in the walls? Suggested that she borrow a digi box from a friend and try that and if it isn't working get someone in.  TV is three floors up and dish is in the garden, therefore lots of cable from dish to TV. "have you used the source button on the TV remote to select the correct input?"   Dont remeber there being any question to do with 'source' - if so we tried them all in combo with Auto and manual tuning and all other combos - hours spent waiting for tuning to search but nothing found........ what else would we be doing on a weekend.... ha ha  LOL  Thanks for your 'input'  Pamela   

How is the TV connected to the decoder?  by HDMI cable or by Scart lead........ scart connection should switch the TV automatically but it's a bit hit and miss on new TVs HDMI doesn't, you have to select the input........ 

How is the TV connected to the decoder?  by HDMI cable or by Scart lead........ scart connection should switch the TV automatically but it's a bit hit and miss on new TVs HDMI doesn't, you have to select the input........ have you used the source button on the TV remote to select the correct input?

OK.

What is the message that you're seeing on the screen? "no signal being received" or "no satellite signal being received"?

if you press the menu button on the satellite receiver do you see the menu on the TV?

Was the satellite system working with your old TV?