DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

septique tanks....?

Posted by skydiver-437154 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Eco system?, what does it comprise of, how is the water filtered?, is it a system you personally decided on or one recommended by spanc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply Skydiver, it will be a good job done when it's finished, it will help the environment and of course hopefully make life easier for you if you sell up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by skydiver-437154 - 3 years ago

hi tigre.    the system i,m having is called an eco system.  and yes ,as you mentioned the filtered /clean water is then discharged in to gulley,  off of my land  and into a commune gulley.....this is what i think ,made the powers of be , state  any operation of discharged water MUST now take place on my land........as regards to space for septique and gravel bed soakaway, i have JUST enough to get away with it......bit more cash to add to installation and  gravel bed.....hope thats the end.     kind regards.

Sorry no image available

Skydiver, just out of interest what system are you having installed? I take it it's a micro system and the exit pipe carrying the filtered water is literally emptying straight in to drains situated on commune land? Do you have enough land for a trench to be dug that can carry the water away from your house and any outbuildings? If so it shouldn't cost too much more, some perferated plastic pipe and gravel.

Sorry no image available

Bylaws do vary from commune to commune, spanc deal with the relevant national regs and cover far more than one commune, spanc approved mine as did my mairie and the filtered water runs into a ditch on the communes land, my point being that you need to check with spanc and with your commune because what's OK here may not be OK over there. The sand filter I have to have is twenty cubic metres, this is for a 3000l fosse, the fosse itself has to be emptied as normal and the sand removed, washed, returned to the hole every twenty years.

Sorry no image available

As per my post, go to  spanc or the mairie!

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

If you fully agree as you say then why not just advise the op to do so instead of giving your interpretation of the regs because the op has a lot of money at stake and clearly one of you is wrong.

Sorry no image available

Fully agree its always advisable to go straight to the horses mouth because as I pointed out rules and regs are not always nationwide, there have been no changes whatsover to fosse regs since 2012, that is from the horses mouth, mairies can only implement local bylaws they cannot make them up as they go along, the problem I have found in the past is that professionals in the business are not always fully conversant with some local bylaws.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

Here we go again  yes you can  no you can't. Don't bother to ask on here it's always the same old disagreements which actually gets you no where.  Best to take the advice from the horses mouth and give Spanc a ring.

Sorry no image available

No it's not been the case for a considerable period of time, I have had a sand bed type fosse approved both by spanc and the commune, the filtered water runs into a ditch, but as we all know rules and regulations over here vary from commune to commune.