DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Setting the time on a Humax Freesat box

Posted by JohnP-390097 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 4 years ago

Thank you for all the replies. It is fairly clear that there is no facility to alter the time on these boxes. I am surprised because on all the other decoders I have had, there has been a menu option to adjust the time. Having said that it is a nice piece of kit and I just have to remember the programme guide is an hour behind French time. No big deal

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

Yes I have just had a look and it is running on the local time of the post code that I put in. Not here.

I did not word my posting very well so apologies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 4 years ago

I would like to know how you get the Humax box to run  in local time in France?

It gets the time from the satellite which must always assume you are in the UK as no way would it accept a French post code.

How would it know you were not at the postcode you said you were at ?

Look again Jivedance

Sorry no image available
Posted by mungidan - 4 years ago

We have a Humax recorder box which we transport between here & UK on a regular basis. It seems to reset itself as we never have to alter it. You could phone Richer Sounds in Southampton for their normally excellent advice. Google their phone no.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

Yes, ours is on our old UK postcosde and UK time. It doesn't bother us at all as we don't use it as a clock as such so no problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

Ours was installed here. It has always run on local time and changes when the clocks go forward/back. We just put our last postcode in the UK in.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 4 years ago

If I recall correctly, when our satellite dish was installed (in the UK), the installer tuned in our Humax box by putting in our postcode.  Perhaps it then adjusts to local time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 4 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I had considered this possibility. It is no big deal, just a little niggle.

Sorry no image available
Posted by junkanoo - 4 years ago

Hi

According to what I have seen on other forums, I don't think it's possible on the Humax as the box is designed to be used only in the UK for Freesat. Like you, I have searched to no avail in the menus.

Cheers