DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky

Posted by Thunderbird one - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

If you have problems with satellite TV it's ALWAYS "your end".

"I've never had a problem before" simply means that a growing problem has just become critical. Normally it will be something breaking down, water in the cable, the LNB or box dying or especially at thi time of year a plant or tree growing up in the line of sight or simply getting leaves.

First thing to try is the disconnect the power, count to 10 and reconnect trick, if that doesn't work have a quick look at the line of sight from the dish which must be clear (and remember that the dish is looking upwards at aprox 30 degrees) 

If the LoS is clear and the problem is still there then my next move would be to borrow a box thatyou know works and/or try your box on a system that's known to work.

Assuming that you've proved the box works, check the joints at both ends of the satellite cable.

Hopefully that's sorted it as now you need to spend some money and/or move the dish.

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

If you have problems with satellite TV it's ALWAYS "your end".

"I've never had a problem before" simply means that a growing problem has just become critical. Normally it will be something breaking down, water in the cable, the LNB or box dying or especially at thi time of year a plant or tree growing up in the line of sight or simply getting leaves.

First thing to try is the disconnect the power, count to 10 and reconnect trick, if that doesn't work have a quick look at the line of sight from the dish which must be clear (and remember that the dish is looking upwards at aprox 30 degrees) 

If the LoS is clear and the problem is still there then my next move would be to borrow a box thatyou know works and/or try your box on a system that's known to work.

Assuming that you've proved the box works, check the joints at both ends of the satellite cable.

Hopefully that's sorted it as now you need to spend some money and/or move the dish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 4 years ago

We haven't in Finistere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Thunderbird one - 4 years ago

Sorry should say This Channel is having Technical Problems.