Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Social tax on house sales

Posted by josee-425356 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stroller-817057 - 4 years ago

Make a formal complaint to the relevant tax authority quoting tthe above EU ruling and give them a time limit to repay. You have to give them a chance to resolve it before escalating it.

If they do not repay make a formal complaint to EU SOLVIT which handles breaches of EU Freedom Of Movement laws. This is a free service and can be conducted in English if you wish. I entered the case on their website and they told me they accepted it. Most correspondence was via email though I had a phone contact number too.

I have used this successfully against the Prefecture after they gave me the run-around. The look on their faces was absolutely priceless when I went and collected the relevant documents.:-)


Don't let them get away with it!


Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 4 years ago

This article may be helpful to you:


Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 4 years ago

This might help you



Sorry no image available
Posted by LRV24 - 4 years ago

Second home owners aren't going to get much sympathy from Socialist governments.