DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Source for soffits

Posted by barrya - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by barrya - 3 years ago

Brian61

That's exactly what I'm after - many thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

Should have mentioned that the 3m "sous-face" are usually cut into short lengths and are already tongue and grooved to clip together; so that the boarded finish does not run the length of the wall. See above links to pictures to understand what I mean.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

Here in Normandie most new builds use pvc to finish off the roofs, usually referred to as "cache moineaux" which are designed to stop birds etc entering the roof space. Parts are available usually in 3m lengths from all the major bricos like Leroy Merlin. You start with a "profil de départ U"  against the wall, the "sous-face de bandeau" fits into this U, the end is finished off with a "bandeau de rive" which could also take the gutter. Various accessories exist to neatly join the 3m boards etc. There is a limited choice of colours available and coloured nails to match. Once installed the roof would look like this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Soffits?, what are yours made of, most French properties  don't usually have soffits as such, but you should be able to get the cement based board or exterior ply from a proper builders merchants, I've never seen a dedicated soffit board over here or something like a upvc cover board or soffit.