DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

SPANC Inspection

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Depends on the commune whether there is a charge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Good luck HR58, hope it all works out OK, let us know how it goes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,  Thank you for the responses so far...   The letter came from "Poher Communauté", and has our Maire's stamp & signature as well as a Vice-President of Poher.  And there is literally no time to have it pumped out.

Hopefully everthing will work out. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Concerning the emptying or pumping out of fosses - our fosse inspector from Pontivy Communaute told us that here is no advised or statutory period for this.

We had picked up from somewhere that the fosse is legally supposed to be pumped out every 4 years, she said that is a nonsense rumour put about by companies that empty fosses, and suggested that the period is more likely to be seven or eight years depending on the depth of the sludge at the bottom.

Sorry no image available
Posted by skydiver-437154 - 3 years ago

hello poster,    would check up on this visit,... the visit consists of whether your system conforms to a standard.......its either an acceptance OR rejection......AND  i,m puzzled by the fee asked.  MINE cost me zero fee.     be careful !   regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

The regs hav'nt changed since 2012 and Inspections are supposed to be done every four years the spanc chap said and standard fosse emptied every five years, I know the regs hav'nt changed because I received a copy through the post today.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jez-de-belon - 3 years ago

This is a link to the note that I posted after my inspection last year: http://brittany.angloinfo.com/forum/viewtopic/229635

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Probably a good idea to have it pumped out before the inspection, we did so they couldn't  moan about that.

If SPANC signed it off three years ago they are not going to contradict that as that would require someone to admit that they made a mistake - and as we all know the French foncs never admit to a mistake! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by airpo - 3 years ago

We had an inspection last year, they found no problems but make sure that the inspection hatches are accessible.

Ours was a new fosse installed 8 years ago and the inspectors parting words were "see you in 8 years" which I took to mean they inspect the systems every 8 years.

We were informed by a letter from the Mairie (Bourbriac)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

This is interesting, who is the letter from and how do they decide where and who to inspect?