DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Spring

Posted by saver-399307 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cymrus - 4 years ago

Morning all!

Saw our first Swallows of the year yesterday, and as you say it now definitely feels like Spring!

(Here being close to Meneac 56!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Renard35 - 4 years ago

Well I`ll be darned.....................just got back home seen 3 house martins and the swallows have arrived into the empty grenier.The parents swooped in as I arrived home :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brodeuse - 4 years ago

I can't wait to get home and see if ours have arrived. We're in UK at the moment doing the obligitory family visiting, only been here 2 days and I'm already homesick!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Renard35 - 4 years ago

Great news..................cant wait for ours to arrive too.I find nothing more thrilling than sitting on the step of our terrace quietly whilst they swoop and dive just above my head.They come so close I feel privileged to be so close to them its a joy to watch their acrobats.

Spring has defo sprung ................yay :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerivon - 4 years ago

How exciting! I'm waiting for our swallows to arrive and haven't heard the cuckoo yet hope it's made it back from Africa. Love spring. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 4 years ago

What a lovely post, Saver, yes it is a very special time of year.  We have found that we have at least one hedgehog which has started eating the dried hedgehog food we brought with us from the UK. I hope that we see swallows as well :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dungey1 - 4 years ago

We heard the cuckoo all day yesterday for the first time this year.....fantastic

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosieholt - 4 years ago

Bonjour de l'Angleterre,

Your message brought back lovely memories of living at Reguly in Hemonstoir , where we too had a barn occupied by our own swallows every year. Once, we spent a whole morning watching the parents encouraging all the young ones out of the nest and onto the telephone wires.Magic moments which are priceless...

Thank you !!