DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

steam irons

Posted by Cymrus - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freckleface-401505 - 3 years ago

Sorry too many glasses of wine, the make I intended to recommend was Miele!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

I have a Polti steam cleaner with an iron attachment, so best of both worlds. It has a large water chamber so lasts absolutely ages. Can steam clean everywhere, and cuts ironing time in half.

One of the best items ever bought! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heavitree-431035 - 3 years ago

A rotary iron is the answer.We have a Miele . Three gites sleeping 17 creates a lot of laundry .

The rotary iron has greatly lessened the workload  (for the wife ! )

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freckleface-401505 - 3 years ago

If yoy can afford it buy a rotary ironer, we have used one for the past 25 years.

Braun is the one of choice, incredibly reliable and efficient.

Look on ebay uk there are usually some for sale there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cymrus - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your help everyone, just I thought it will make my life a little easier!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lauren J - 3 years ago

I would definitely recommend one for bed linen, and mine works wonders on heavy fabrics like jeans and cushion covers which need that extra flattening.

You might find it helpful to buy a new ironing board specially suited to steam irons other wise you end up with the pattern from the frame on the ironong.  I think it's something to do with the steam not passing through the board.

Also think carefully where you want to position the tank when ironing, and buy one with a long cable, because it takes up a lot of the ironong board, so I leave it on the work top and place the iron back on it to give me an empty board.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrsoverall - 3 years ago

I know this isn't really answering your query but I use an electric linen press for bed linen. Even comes up to my sister's exacting standards. Bit fiddly to use on shirts,  but brilliant on ' flat' items . . . and you sit down to use it. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

All I would say os go for the one that homds the most water and has the highest BARS rating 

Sorry no image available
Posted by stogang - 3 years ago

Hi,

They are excellent and save a great deal of time.

So the wife tells me!

Worth every penny, buy the best you can afford

Paul