DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Stiga ride-on mower disaster

Posted by Brian Stone - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 4 years ago

Hi,

Get in touch with Stiga themselves, and tell them your woes ..

Granted they may say go back to the dealers, but I doubt they will, with this machine giving so much troulbe ..

Stiga has offices in the UK,  just outside Portsmouth.

Rgds

Chris

Ps I have one, and my worst problems were/are .. cut-puts not working and deck rusting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by yorkinmadoc-799333 - 4 years ago

Used Stiga's for my mowing business, faultless everyday use on both lawn and rough ground with the deck, and flail attachment. However the inferior Mountfield mowers are rebranded as Stiga, and are giving Stiga a bad name. The Mountfields are really only suitable for smooth lawns, and will destruct if used on normal bumpy French fields. I doubt you will have any success blaming advice from a seller, however if you stay calm and friendly may well assist with repairs. Bestof luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 4 years ago

Many thanks for your response. You seem to have been relatively fortunate!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tregadilet - 4 years ago

We bought a Stiga "President" heavy mower in 2005, in the 10 years we have had it, we have had 2 new batteries, 2 new cutter belts and some welding to the footbrake pedal, the biggest problem was when we had it serviced the first time by the Agent who sold it new! 350 Euros!!!! and it needed a battery after been overcharged by them. The engine is a Kohler, not a Briggs Stratton. We service it ourselves now (Much cheaper!)

The  real problem is that it is greedy on fuel at 19HP!