DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Stubborn tiles

Posted by richer-10047675 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by richer-10047675 - 3 years ago

Thank you very much for all the comments and PMs I recieved in respect of my post.  I greatly appreciate your vast knowledge & experience. People like you with positive help & advice make the heavy tasks easier and enjoyable.

noblesse spoted a hammer drill with chisel in Lidl and altered me to it. Popped down this afternoon and purchase one.  Half an hour of using it, I can see the difference Already. Now I wish all the rubble could disappear by magic.  Pigs might fly!! Well it is tonight's task for me.

Once again thank you for all your advice.  Have a great weekend. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

I've just been informed that the one at Lidl now is more powerful and I'm pretty sure comes with chisel bits.

Happy de-tiling!

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

Richer,

What you need is a 'marteau perforateur et burnieur' and they have them now at Lidl for €49.99.

http://offers.kd2.org/fr/fr/lidl/pdwy/

That's an old link, but the tool is the same.

My OH says you could take down a wall with these things, so be careful taking off your tiles!

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by diversolo1 - 3 years ago

Richer,

makes a a lot more sense now about weight issue. Yes a SDS is an option but it is a large area you are taking up. it maybe worth spending a little more on a larger kango type tool, as without seeing how tough stubborn they are to remove the decision must be yours, SDS drills are not primairly made for this type of work. Just food for thought, before you buy a tool

All the best and good luck with your job

Sorry no image available
Posted by diversolo1 - 3 years ago

Richer,

You state the additional weight of over tiling, so is the floor you are tiling on the first floor? And is the sub-base wood or concrete / screed ?  If it is on the ground floor what are your concerns of the additional weight? And what is the sq mt of the Tiled area? if we know these items some of us could give you more advise on your dilemma 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

Don't forget gloves as well! 

Sorry no image available

Thanks. Why reflective jacket?. Do you mean a thick jacket so the bits flying around will not cut me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

And ear defenders hard hat plus reflective jacket

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

Dont forget to wear safety glasses, the chips  will fly everywhere!

Sorry no image available

Thanks for all advice. It seems SDS drill is the way to go.