DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Suspending Orange Telephone/Internet

Posted by Angloaussie2 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by nhsryan - 3 years ago

Hi, I have just spoken to the operator on the English helpline regarding suspension of our line here. Instead of suspension, they switched our line to a cheaper basic internet service (without TV channels). 10 euros savings per month, which is less than the old system of suspending lines for 6 months. Hope it helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angloaussie2 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't able to do this online as I didn't have the option available to suspend or disconnect the service. I ended up calling the English speaking line again and this time got a very helpful lady to assist. I was able to cancel both services,i.e. Fixed line and Internet, but they have changed the system which was explained to us in March when we started the service. Now you have to cancel (not suspend) each time you want to interrupt your service, you are also required to send the Livebox back each time or purchase your own wifi router. When you want to re-start your service, you notify them a couple of weeks ahead and they will send out a new code/password. Presumably though you have to pickup another Livebox if you don't have your own router. I thought this info might help others in the same situation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Hi, I assume that you have a secon home telephone line in which case you can suspend.  If you go into you client space and click on your telephone contract, then click on Vos services, under Mes services you will see a line that indicates that you can request suspension of your line, click that and your request will be forwarded.

As for the internet you can deactivate but as far as I am aware you will still pay for your monthly contract, its only the telephne line that is reduced.

If you want to deactivate your internet click on your internet contract, then click on Vos services, on this page you have a number of options in this regard.  Hope this helps.

John

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angloaussie2 - 3 years ago

Thanks for trying to help but when I selected the link I got this on the Orange Website:

désolé, la page demandée n'est plus disponible

!!!???

Sorry no image available