DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Teleconnect

Posted by lakeman-415065 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Orange expect  you to return their box to the nearest Orange shop but the engineer who brings the new one will not tell you that.  After two months with a double charge on my monthly account I rang the Help Line and returned it pdq.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Great idea evenmoreantibes, I lke your style.

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

Send them a 250€ invoice for the storage fee.

Sorry no image available

Ouch indeed GoneandDunnit.  The point of my posting was that you should sort out the return while you are still a customer.  They might well waive a return postage charge so as not to upset an existing client whereas I have already left  and have no leverage.  If you approach them use e mail rather than by phone so as to leave a paper trail.  Good luck.

Fortunately I have kept the old units but the postage still hurts.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

You should change to SFR,their trick is send you all the stuff to send the gear back recorded at the post office ,then after you have returned it with proof that it has been sent they deny receiving it bill you 150€ and then threaten to get the old debt collectors on to you ,this apparently happens quite often.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

Ouch!!!!, I am in the same position as you, I am on my third modem, didn't return the old faulty ones, in fact when I last had a problem and was told I would be sent another modem I asked if I should return the faulty one, I was told I can if I wish BUT NOT IMPORTANT!!!, no doubt they would now deny saying that.

Sorry no image available

Sorry I refer to returning the old modem.  Typo because I am a bit angry.