DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telephone and broadband

Posted by Purple Witch - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

countrydweller has it spot on! Sorry Reveuse phonexpat has an English speaking helpline also! The reason I chose them!

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

Orange gets my vote!  Over the fifteen years that I've lived in france, between Brittany and Poitou, I've tried several internet providers and find Orange the best for their service and deals. Plus if anything does go wrong with the Livebox it's useful being able to take it to an Orange shop for exchange, albeit there is usually a long queue!  I pay 39.99€ per month, which includes mobile phone and TV.  Hope this helps you decide.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Purple Witch - 3 years ago

Thank you everyone who has replied. I will take all advise you have given and hopefully make the right choice.  :-)  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twiglets-10060825 - 3 years ago

My Orange package is 39,99 € p/m for Internet, calls to almost every country in the World & Mobile  (the only network on which I can make a receive calls) 2 heures p/m...a 2 year contrat. I tried all the rest & had various problemes so went back to Orange some 7 years ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Free is 29,99€ per month for adsl and EU-wide landline calls, so AUS and NZ not inclusive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 3 years ago

We only pay 37 euros/month for calls.  Do you have a mobile call package as well?

Sorry no image available
Posted by petewilson - 3 years ago

We are with Orange 42 euros a month. That gives you all calls in France and worldwide+ Internet. We have family in Australia, Britain, New Zealand. The only draw back is the Orange shop in Carhaix. If you need to go in. Expect a long wait.. But Orange is good. Pete

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

What does 'best' mean to you? Cheapest, most reliable, best at speaking English?

Orange is the only one with an English speaking customer helpline. It's also the one that is accessible to most clients. Suggest you start by finding out what your options are in your particular area, then look at what packages and what customer service they provide (are you happy to speak to them in French), and make your decision that way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

I am afraid that you are going to get as many answers as there are telephone companies.I am with SFR never had a problem others will say they are rubbish and say Orange is best others will say they are useless etc etc.The best way is to speak to neighbours to see who they use as so much depends on distance from exchange etc.You can search the inernet for offers or visit their shops but remember if you sign up for a fixed period you cannot change during that period without a lot of problems and even with sans engagement you have to jump through hoops;you pay your money and take your choice

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Except if you want to cancel your contract Twiglets! Mine was cancelled for me by a fluent French speaker as per the method at the time. They claimed that I had not sent their modem back even though signed for on registered post. They also took €50 out of my account even though I owed them nothing and I never got it back. They may have improved now because this was about 5 or more years ago.

Now with phonexpat and any line problems are dealt with virtually the next day.

Dave