DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Telephone call

Posted by ex Cavvy in Brittany - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

Not ringing on withheld number, is fine with the colts callers, but their numbers are not always shown as withheld, they do display a number. Works the other way as well. My daughters number plus other people who sing us, shows as withheld when They ring, so you may be missing some friend calling with that system.

Sorry no image available
Posted by derekp-1001736 - 4 years ago

I registered with pacatel made no differance to the calls we get I tend to say just a moment and leave them hanging. Eventually they will realise you have left the room.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

www.pacitel.fr  never had an unwanted call since I registered

Sorry no image available
Posted by rose tremaire-795481 - 4 years ago

We went on to Liste Rouge but also bought a Gigaset phone that doesn't even ring if it is a withheld number - very nifty! Seems to work so far.

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 4 years ago

I've just managed to access my voicemail for the first time, and there are 3 recorded messages, from 3 different numbers, all with the same message asking me to call the same number.  A search on Google found one of the numbers, which EDF has reported as a number used for a scam.  The 3 numbers to watch out for all begin with 0975.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Football mad - 4 years ago

Scammers are breaking the law anyway so obviously won't be deterred by a list which says you don't want unsolicited calls. Going to liste rouge (ex directory) may help but random diallers are often used.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 4 years ago

I have found that blowing a long continuous raspberry down the line when they go into their talk seems to work; I haven't had to draw breath yet!

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 4 years ago

We are listed with Pacitel and it has had no effect lately on the Microsoft calls and orange scam calls and insulation calls,- they have been good up until now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 4 years ago

Never heard of la liste pacital, how does it stop these calls. I keep getting one from 0123456789999 and yes th number is that long

Sorry no image available
Posted by Football mad - 4 years ago

Putting your number on La Liste Pacitel is easily done online and will stop most unwanted calls.