DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Teleporteur

Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 4 years ago

I have a little problem with my 'va et viens'.  Is that the same thing?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 4 years ago

Kimbocafe

Many thanks for the info, we will do as you advise and check tonight.... :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kimbocafe - 4 years ago

i had the same problem a year ago.  I finally deduced that it was because the heures creuses (night tariff) relay was not kicking in and so not triggering the switch on for the water heater.  To make sure it is this, take a reading on your HC (heures creuses) counter before the time it is meant to start (mine is at 11.40pm) and then check it again the next morning.  If the figures are still the same, it is definitely the relay that is bust and it is only edf who can fix it as it is inside a box with a seal that only they are allowed to open.  They took 10 days to come out and fix it, and though I argued that I should get a refund for the loss of cheap rate, they calculated it was only around 8euros worth, so they would not pay it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your really helpful replies, my hubby now understands that this switch is not connected to the immersion tank. Which no longer comes on for the night tariff...but can be manually overridden and will then heat the water. Before calling out electrician, anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Brainstorm I really liked the eighties...mmmm might just have a go :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Loadsafun - 4 years ago

it is used in conjunction with the push button light switches you probably have in your hallway ,it allows you to have as many switches you want for one or more lights its a relay of sorts

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brainstorm - 4 years ago

Be careful, I used one of these once and I woke up in 1986... I wouldn't have minded only I was still in France... It has taken 28 years to get to back where I started so leave this well alone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

A "telerupteur" controls the setup where you can switch a light circuit from more than one switch, as in top and bottom of stairs. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by TerryR-385906 - 4 years ago

That's possible too!

Does it have a little switch on the front?

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

My guess would be "telerupteur"....... it's a remote switch that's operated by a thing like a bell push

Sorry no image available
Posted by TerryR-385906 - 4 years ago

Then it's probably Telereporteur.