DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

television

Posted by saracen395-399785 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by saracen395-399785 - 3 years ago

I had checked the signal which is strong and noticed no movement at that time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vwkompak - 3 years ago

Check the signal first by pressing system,4,6 (if I remember correctly without going to look). If it is consistently low then you might have an LNB problem but if it changes witht he wind then have a look at any trees that mihave e in the way.

Sorry no image available

Don't happen to know anyone who can check the aerial position and LNB,do you.It's a roof job and I don't fancy it,neither does the guy who sold me the box.

Sorry no image available

Rudge,It's a new problem.Your idea that it was the LNB is more than likely right and the chances are that it probably needs a bit of vaseline on it.I had Trevor,(the one who advertises,) round,he sold us this secondhand box in the first place,he thinks it can only be the box but he cannot climb heights to ascertain the situation.Since he wants to put in a new HD box + change the aerial to a wall

bracket type the cost would be nearly 400 euros which is a bit steep.I therefore am looking for somebody who can remedy the LNB or aerial which means climbing on the roof.Because I am near 80 I don't fancy it myself.Suppose I could give the wife a bunk up ha.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

All the above assumes that there is a clear line of sight from the dish, Trees especially wet trees will kill the signal.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

If only some channels are iffy then my guess would be an alignmnt issue, most likely the skew angle of the LNB....... this is the angle at which the LNB is twisted and for Brittany, looking towards the dish from the fron the cable connector(s) should be pointing to nearly 7 o'clock. 

Cable and LNB problems re more usually on or off rather than a bit flakey.

There is no reason why a correctly installed Sky minidish should not work perfectly in Brittany.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

Is this a new problem, or an ongoing problem. ?

I use a 60cm dish, ( 45cm can give problems in adverse weather) and have never had a problem in 2 years . 

If a new problem , it would suggest LNB/connection terminal problem I think , or possibly the sat dish alignment has altered.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Hi TV, I get this quite bad when it's raining hard or very stormy.Once it stops alls well again.

Jon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

More likely a LNB or Coax issue